Shawn has been with the law firm of Andereck, Evans, Lewis, Figg & Battagler, LLC, since 1999. He became a Member in 2005, and he became the Managing Member in 2017. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, from the University of Missouri in 1996. Shawn attended the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law and earned his Juris Doctorate in 1999.
He is licensed to practice law in Missouri state courts and before the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri. Shawn is a member of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Association, the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, the Electric Cooperative Bar Association (State Liaison), and the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies.
Shawn’s practice focuses on Corporate and Rural Electric Cooperative Law, Civil Litigation, and Workers Compensation. Early in his career his practice focused primarily on civil litigation in the areas of personal injury, workers compensation, insurance defense, eminent domain, land rights, and contract disputes.
He now acts as outside general counsel to several Rural Electric Cooperatives and regularly advises many others. In this role he provides assistance in regulatory compliance, transactions, and litigation relating to real estate, procurement, construction, labor and employment, corporate governance, workers compensation, and administrative law. He also advises on industry specific legislative activities. About two-thirds of his working days are spent with Rural Electric Cooperative clients in person.
Shawn is active in his community as a volunteer with youth athletics and boosters, as president of his neighborhood home owners association, and as a member of the City of Battlefield Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Missouri Bar Association
- The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Study
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association (State Liaison)
- Corporate and Rural Electric Cooperative Law
- Labor and Employment
- Real Estate
- Civil Litigation
- Workers Compensation
- Adminisrative Law
- Admitted to Missouri Bar, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri – Columbia (B.A. Political Science 1996)
- Universitat de Barcelona – Study Abroad 1993
- University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law (J.D. 1999)